Who hasn’t come home after a long day and realize you forgot to take meat out to defrost or you didn’t prep anything for an 'easy-grab-and-cook' meal!? I hate those nights! No one wants to make a full meal from scratch after a long work day when the kids are running wild and the husband won’t stop hovering in the kitchen because he’s hungrier than you are.
This meal is quick, easy and packed with protein to keep the family feeling full.
The first time I saw this recipe I was highly skeptical, because of the use of canned tuna, but trust me when in a pinch these burgers hit the spot.
Again this recipe can be found in one of my favorite recipe books, Gourmet Nutrition.
Prep Time: 20 min
- 3 cans of chunk light tuna, drained
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 4 scallions, minced
- 2 TBS black mustard seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS minced cilantro (I have used dried as well, just slightly less and it worked great)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 TSP soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 TSP olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except the olive oil, in a large bowl
- Form two large patties, or 4 smaller ones for kids
- Pan fry the burgers, with olive oil, on medium heat for about 6 min per side, or till browned and cooked through.
- EAT as is or add avocado and veggies, these burgers are good with or without buns!