Be Your Own Superhero

I've decided it's time for you all to become your own superhero.  I know you've seen all the movies; The Avengers, Captain America, Ironman, Thor, Superman, etc.  I could go on but you get the picture.  As an AMP client (errr, AMP SUPERHERO...yeah, that sounds better) you are already on your way to becoming the best version of yourself but why not take it a step further? The fact is that if you're reading this, whether you train at the AMP facility or not, then your journey has already begun and each time you train you are working towards superhero status.  That's right, you are already on your way to becoming a superhero.

Why do I want to be a superhero?

Because superheros are just badass from the ground up.  Speed, strength, acrobatic skills, charisma and a lean sculpted body are all part of the gig.  Coincidentally these mirror many of the goals that people have when they begin their fitness journey.  Why not be super?

avengers

 

"I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, that gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to live with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want most."  - Spiderman

Focus on what YOU can do and work to improve what you can't.

We all have weaknesses, that's okay.  The first step is to find out what you kryptonite is and work to get rid of it as best you can.  They drain your psychic, emotional and physical energy which you need for strength.  Believe me, you don't want this stuff around.

Sources of kryptonite:

  • External - What is available to you, others around you (e.g. how they make you feel, their support, etc.)
  • Physical - This can be a particular weakness (e.g. strength, balance, endurance or a physical limitation)
  • Emotional - Your beliefs, motivation, knowledge, etc.

Understand that these things are going to exist and work around them.  Embrace them, because if you let them win you lose all your super powers.

Once you are able to take control of your weaknesses, then and only then will you be able to step on the gas and grow your strengths and become unstoppable.  AMP superheros are relentless in this!

Have a mission and constantly work towards them.

AMP superheros all have goals and constantly work toward crushing them, even if it is only 1% better than yesterday.  You might be overweight, out of shape, lack strength, or just not feel like you have a purpose....yet.  What it means to be a superhero and even just human is the power to choose.  You can choose to change anything in your life whether it is your beliefs, your surroundings or your physical nature.

Every superhero goes through conflict before ultimately defeating the bad guy and rescuing the girl.  Your situation is going to be no different.  It isn't what happens to you in the process that matters, rather it's how you react that truly counts.

Be a role-model.

Everybody wants to be a superhero.  Whether it is their good nature, super strength, ability to fly, or just the physique we all want to move towards that ideal.  Plus it would just be straight badass if you could fly, am I right?

AMP superheros all have characteristics that everyone else should want:

  • They show up not only on time but ready
  • They help others to succeed and get better
  • They move better and are stronger inside and out
  • They are always getting better and are the best version of themselves

Be different.

Superheros aren't like everyone else on the planet and once you begin training with us at AMP Fitness, you will realize that you aren't doing the same things as everyone else in the gym.  Different doesn't mean weird.  Different means you have a specific knowledge and skill-set to get the job done.  Remember, be a role model.

AMP superheros focus on the 80/20 rule which states that 80% of the results come from 20% of the effort.  Instead of focusing on the other 80% (the 'normal') they only focus on the 20% that is going to bring about true results.

Be awesome at all times.

Work towards being awesome at all times.  Consciously make the world a better place which always starts with your own happiness.  A superheros journey always begins with their own internal conflict so before you can help others you must start with yourself.  AMP superheros are always striving to eat better, train smarter, get stronger, sleep better,  and stress less.

Other ways to be more awesome:

  • smile more
  • enjoy all that you do
  • help others
  • be kind
  • spread the awesome sauce (that's for you, Tamiko!)

Save the planet.

You may find that if you start thinking this way then you will have much more success.  Not to mention a TON more fun doing it!  AMP superheros ALWAYS succeed!