This recipe comes straight from my momma’s kitchen. I was lucky enough to grow up in a house where there was a fantastic cook. I am still striving to get my mashed potatoes or my pizza crust as good as hers, but there are some meals that I have mastered and are now staples in my own kitchen.
Artichoke chicken is quick, tasty and can be paired with anything from roasted veggies, rice, pasta, baked potato or you can enjoy it solo.
1-2 lbs good quality chicken breasts (you can also do this with thighs or wings)
2 TBS grass fed unsalted butter
12 oz jar of marinated artichokes
A dash of salt and pepper
1 TBS garlic or 2 large cloves, diced
- Heat pan on medium/high, add 2 TBS butter. Once melted add garlic, salt and pepper, let simmer for 2 min. Keep an eye on the garlic so it doesn’t burn.
- Add chicken and brown on each side, roughly 2 min per side (this will vary with temperature).
- When chicken is browned on both sides add the jar of artichokes and cover.
- Bring temp down to medium/low and let simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Plate with a side of roasted veggies, pasta or whatever you want! (Make sure to add the liquid and artichokes from the pan top your chicken and sides).
- EAT UP!